Saturday, April 19, 2008

Silver Cup East is recycling cans and bottles!

Yeah! Well, at least the bins were out for us to throw cans and bottles away. I'm not sure what Silver Cup Studio's carting company (who you HAVE to use) does with it, though. It is a law for carting companies to recycle. So, for the sake of my long time pals at Silver Cup I hope so, because when I have my way it will be strictly enforced.

One of my missions to see what happens to this trash after it leaves, see the certification, etc. My TO DO list is VERY long however.

From Wastele$$ website:

illustration: blind justice wasteless garbage canCOMMERCIAL RECYCLING LAW: LOCAL LAW 87 (1992)

Businesses and buildings that contract directly with a private carter or recycler are mandated to recycle under NYC’s Local Law 87 enacted in 1992. See NYC's Commercial Recycling Regulations.

For a summary of commercial recycling regulations, download a copy of Recycling: It’s Not a Choice, It’s the Law — A Handbook for NYC Businesses. To order hard copies, use the literature/decal request form on the Sanitation website or call 311. ALSO SEE recycling in the private sector.

The NYC Department of Sanitation's Digest of Codes summarizes sanitation and recycling regulations and violation codes affecting businesses and residences.

No comments: