Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Practical Guide to a Greener Production. Yours. Free.


As many of you know the Workshops in July were to launch the recently published "The Practical Guide to a Greener Production" as well as introduce the industry to many of the players in the "green scene" that are working hard to make our industry (or just industry in general) have less of an environmental impact.

It was very successful, the speakers were amazing and inspiring and we intend to make this a yearly event.

If you were unable to make it, no worries! You can get you hands on a FREE copy just by asking for one, coming by or picking one up at the Mayor's Office of Film and Television.

Law and Order requested one for each department head as have other feature productions and many commercials. Each prop rental and purchase gets a few thrown in the order as well.

Only 500 were printed and about 100 are left here not doing anyone any good. So, call 718-392-3304 or come by the LIC location 43-26 12th street 2nd floor.

This is only the first and humble edition, destined to get better and better every year. Some sections better than others. As I recently read and firmly believe," ALL OF US ARE SMARTER THAN ONE OF US". So, please, send in your ideas, vendors and strategies to pggp@filmbizrecycling.org if you have something to add.

Below read some feedback from the workshops and be sure and attend next year!

Workshop Feedback

I wanted to thank you for hosting such a wonderful workshop with such an incredible panel. It was hugely educational and immensely inspiring.

Heidi
Producer

Hey Yall, I just went to the Film Biz Recycling Workshop on Greening Productions and I was very impressed with the panel of speakers (including our very own Eva Radke. Go Eva!). It was very informative and most of all it put a face to the hardworking, dedicated people striving to green the film industry. It is certainly not limited to artcubers. Tell all of your production friends from producers to grips to camera to caterers, there is something for everyone. I really can't recommend it enough. There is another workshop this Thursday so if your free it is worth going.

Anu
Production Designer

I was there and I can concur to the event. Very, very informative.
Please go if you have a chance and bring a film friend!!

Lou
Lead Man

I'd like to second that emotion. It was a great workshop - I think anyone could gain from it. I'm sure the little resource book will come in very handy. Who doesn't want more (and better) resources for the things they need all the time? Many will actually SAVE YOU MONEY. Go to Thursday's workshop!

Luisa
Art PA


I just wanted to send a note to say how great I thought the seminar was... I especially thought Lauren's work was really inspiring – she can't be more than a few years older than me, and has done so much. It really made me want to do more. I'm considering volunteering for Rock & Wrap It Up, it seems likely that they'd do stuff on weekends.

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks, and that the guide and the seminar wereboth wonderful, and we're all really proud that NYC has FBR!

Catherine
Prop House Staffer

Congrats on the workshop last Thursday! I thought it was really well done and enjoyed the panel. I grabbed a couple of extra guides and my boy, Paul, and I have been discussing who will make the best use of them, among our friends. I gave one to a freelance production mgmt team here at Original Media - an LP/PM/PC team I know pretty well. Also gave one to my roommate, who works in production at an ad agency, JWT. And Paul's gonna give the third to the guys over at TV Boy, a production company that is located in LIC, they are good guys and I want them to know about you and visa versa.

Alana
Art Department Assistant



… and didn't get to thank you for collecting a great panel of speakers for the Green Biz event! What a great, positive group of green leaders! I wish audience attendance had been better!

There are amazing things happening all over, and I'm seeing the rewards of green collaboration. Your message about being more aggressive about communication, connecting, and networking with other green types is so true...

Susan Benarcik
Artist

No comments: