Wednesday, June 25, 2008

GREAT first week at Build it Green



It's been a great first week at Build it Green. Four Feature Films, "Motherhood", "The Rebound", Untitled Nicole Holofcener Project, "The Messenger" and several commercials...Dell Computers, Project Runway, all donated....and many individuals too! Thanks to all. I could weep.

As soon as we sort a box two more show up. It's fantastic. I have my work cut out for me! But they are beautiful things. I've sold 800 dollars worth of stuff so far - I have to split that with BIG! but that's fine. Space is a premium and they have been enormously helpful and just a bunch of great guys. Except for the lunch thing, HARVEY!

I'm sorting into things to sell and things to save for the prop house. The Prop house will have things like, Grandma's House, Everybody lives in a Loft in NYC, Wedding, Ikea, Crate and Barrel, Background Props, Lighting, Bathroom and Kitchen......all on the website. I've gotten it started, but need to get through all the boxes before I set up the rentals department.

The bad news is, I'm on a forced vacation for two weeks. My son's daycare has a two week summer break and we're hitting 3 cities in 2 weeks with a toddler.

My point being, donations will have to be LABELED "FBR" or "FILM BIZ RECYCLING" or else they will just be absorbed into Build it Green and I don't receive the funds. Supporting Build it Green is fantastic, but I do want to buy a DIESEL mini cube and get recycling going in offices, oh, maybe HIRE SOMEONE! I need a permanent assistant, but that requires more than a big hug and a deep felt thank you.

A low budget feature film came in and we're going to help them with rentals and expendables. Mark at Expendables Plus gave me a bunch of partials and foam core.

Keep it coming! NO dumpsters!

No comments: